If you prioritize accuracy when it comes to heart rate monitoring but don’t want to wear a chest strap, the Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband is the perfect choice.
Training and getting fit is convenient and easy with the help of this workout tool that not only monitors your heart rate but also lets you connect with other fitness tracking apps to help you succeed in achieving your fitness goals.
- PerformTek Precision Sensor. This patent-protected technology use biometric sensors to continuously monitor heart rate. This technology is said to be highly accurate and reliable in measuring exercise intensity which is a common issue among fitness tracking products that also offer heart rate monitoring. The sensor is also equipped with a green and yellow optical sensor array that provides superior measurement for all skin tones.
- Unlike other fitness trackers that are placed on the chest or wrist, this heart rate monitor is strapped onto your forearm or upper arm where it reads the heart rate through your skin using the optical sensor on the back.
- Bluetooth and ANT+ connection. A single Bluetooth connection and multiple ANT+ connections are supported by the tracker simultaneously. These two allows you to stream data regarding your fitness in real-time to a hundreds of compatible iOS and Android applications that you use. Aside from connectivity with smartphones, you can also connect with smart watches and fitness equipment. This wireless connection also allows you to workout up to 100 feet away from your smartphone or exercise equipment.
- Battery life. The tracker is said to have a battery life of up to 8 continuous hours. It has a rechargeable battery and a proprietary charging cable included for preparing the device for your next use.
- Sweat and waterproof. With a rating of IP67, you can count on the device to perform at an exceptional level both in dry and wet conditions. The device can even handle being submerged up to one meter underwater.
- The device is compatible with a variety of applications and devices (supports both ANT+ and Bluetooth devices).
- It is comfortable to wear and gives you the option to use different arm placements (forearm, upper arm) depending on what makes you comfortable.
- You strap the heart rate monitor onto your arm with the use of a comfortable and adjustable Velcro armband that you can easily tighten for a snug fit. This is a great option compared to other products that use a plastic band that can dig into your arm when you move.
- It’s simple to operate. To activate the device, you just press the Scosche logo which activates it.
- The wireless connection has a range of up to 100 feet, which means you don’t really have to work out with your smartphone near you all the time.
- It automatically shuts off if it doesn’t detect a heart rate within 5 minutes of getting activated.
- It provides accurate heart rate measurements.
- The device does not include any internal memory storage, so you need to connect the armband to a device to be able to collect data.
- It doesn’t have its own app, although it works with over 200 fitness applications.
- This device will only measure your heart rate; it will not provide a step or calorie counter or any other data usually collected by similar devices that are not limited to just heart rate monitoring.
If you don’t like chest heart rate monitors but are looking for an alternative that produces highly accurate results, the Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband is a great option because it offers flexibility by allowing you to attach the strap on your arm. It’s compatible with most popular fitness apps and will sync wirelessly with any ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart devices.
An alternative option is the TOWABO Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate monitor. This low-cost fitness tracker is a budget-friendly device for those who want to track their fitness progress without spending too much.
This multi-functional tracker doubles as a portable heart rate monitor and a step counter. Whether you are out walking or running, it provides accurate data so you can have a clear overview of your activity throughout the day.
Additional functions offered include monitoring calories burned and a sleep counter. You can also enjoy using this device for up to three days before its battery gets drained. Depending on use, you can extend battery life up to 7 days before it needs recharging.
Another device worth considering is the Fitbit Alta HR. If you need a device that monitors your heart rate and tracks your activities from day to night, then this is a great alternative. Using PurePulse Heart Rate technology, this device can accurately measure your caloric burn based on your heart rate throughout the day.
The stylish yet functional design will make you feel like you’re wearing an accessory instead of a small computer. You also have the option to change your band from casual to formal depending on your mood or activity.
Features offered include sleep tracking to help you follow a sleep schedule, a counter for steps, calories and distance, automatic exercise recognition, clock, and more. All these can be operated with just a tap.
Plus, installing the Fitbit app on your smartphone enables you to get more detailed information on your daily activities.
If you prefer to have accurate heart monitoring results rather than style and other features, the Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor Armband is your best option. You can pair it with other fitness trackers and it also gives you the option to get your heart rate monitored accurately without having to go through all the fuss of a chest strap heart rate monitor.