The Fitbit Charge 2 will help you track your activities for the whole day. It’s a heart rate and fitness wristband that offers several features to make it easy for you to get more out of your workout routines. It’s a sleek piece of technology that looks great on your wrist and works well in providing you with an overview of the health and fitness activities you’ve done over the course of the day.
- PurePulse Heart Rate. With this feature, the device tracks your heart rate continuously through your wrist. Some benefits you get from having your heart rate monitored in real time include effectively reaching weight goals by being able to track the number of calories burned during activities as well as knowing how much you burned throughout the day. You can also optimize your exercise routines based on real-time heart rate zones and monitor your level of fitness by keeping tabs on your resting heart rate level and cardio fitness level.
- Guided Breathing Sessions. Relax is Fitbit’s new built-in guided breathing program. It helps the user relax by providing two-minute or five-minute sessions of personalized guided breathing based on your real-time heart rate.
- All-Day Activity Tracking. Monitor your daily activities such as tracking steps, distance, floors climbed and more.
- Reminders to Move. Stay active throughout the day by getting hourly notifications that encourage you to move around by taking at least 250 steps.
- Auto Sleep Tracking. Keep track of how well you sleep during the night and for how long.
- Silent Alarm. If you don’t like waking up with a loud sound coming from your clock or phone, the device’s silent vibrating alarm will help you wake up peacefully.
- Multi-Sport Mode. You can monitor specific exercises that you perform.
- In case you forget to log a workout, the Charge 2 will automatically record select exercises for you.
- Call, Text & Calendar Alerts. Notifications coming from your phone can be displayed on the Charge 2 so you can keep your hands off your phone and focus on exercising.
- Customizable Clock Display. You can customize the clock face based on the information you want displayed.
- Wireless syncing. The Fitbit Charge 2 can sync wirelessly to different applications from iPhone, Android and Windows phones.
- Battery and Power. Equipped with a lithium-polymer battery, charging time is between 2 to 4 hours. The battery lasts up to 5 days depending on how the device is used and the settings.
- Water Resistance. The device is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, it is not swim or shower proof. For best results and care, whenever the band gets sweaty, remove and dry the band completely before putting it back on. Removing it will also let you rest your wrist.
- It has a larger screen with extra details, and a thicker band that can be swapped to cater to different looks.
- The screen is OLED which makes it easy to read.
- Touch screen
- The Charge 2 uses improved materials that are more comfortable to wear and less irritating on the skin.
- Resistant to water and sweat.
- Its tracking features show consistent results.
- The automatic exercise tracking feature is convenient, especially if you forget things easily.
- Improved Breathe mode uses vibrations to tell you when to inhale and exhale so you don’t need to stare at the screen.
- On its own, it does not have a GPS. You need a smartphone to use the GPS Connected mode.
- Accessory straps can be expensive.
- The silent alarm that uses vibration to wake you up is not very effective for heavy sleepers. However, it’s a great feature that enables you to wake up without worrying about disturbing others.
- Because it comes with its own proprietary charger, it’s not possible to charge it using a microUSB charger.
The Fitbit 2 Charge offers some improved features when compared with its predecessors. It’s a great fitness tracker for monitoring your heart rate throughout the day. It also features a multi-sport tracking feature.
Overall, it’s a useful and feature-packed wearable that you can rely on to monitor your heart rate and other stats day in and day out.
A more affordable option is the Scosche Rhythm+ Heart Rate Monitor. It’s a wearable device that monitors your heart rate, the calories you burn, distance, pace and other pertinent information regarding your health and fitness.
It’s a popular heart rate monitor known for its high level of accuracy when it comes to producing readings. It is an armband equipped with a patented optical sensor to ensure that measurements are taken accurately. The product is made of neoprene material that is comfortable to wear and can be manipulated easily.
Powered by PerformTek, it has undergone extensive testing to ensure its accuracy on any type of exercise. This technology helps provide fitness assessments that users will find useful.
It is also equipped with green and yellow optical sensor array that can penetrate across all skin tones for superior measurement capabilities. You can stream your fitness data using the integrated Bluetooth SMART and ANT+ that makes the device compatible with hundreds of Android and iPhone applications.
The Polar H7 Bluetooth Heart Rate Sensor & Fitness Tracker is another great wearable that allows you to conveniently monitor your heart rate on your smartphone.
Using heart-based exercise training to achieve your fitness goals will ensure that your workout routines are done at the right intensity thus keeping your body from undertraining or overtraining. For accurate heart rate monitoring, the transmitter is attached on the chest using an adjustable strap.
It is a waterproof device safe for swimming and other water activities although the Bluetooth feature will not work while you’re submerged.
The device is compatible with most fitness apps offered by iOS and Android devices, but Polar also has its own app, the Polar Beat which is focused on running but can be customized to include other activities.
The Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Fitness Wristband is a great choice if you are after style, comfort and fitness tracking.
Aside from giving you a portable and wearable heart rate monitor, you can wear it as an accessory with its interchangeable straps, although this comes at an extra cost. It also has the ability to connect with your smartphone and send you alerts so you don’t have to hold your phone all the time.